Misty Isles Adventures Covid-19 operating procedures
Thank you for your interest in joining us aboard Misty Isles for the 2020 season. We have been spending a lot of time this spring thinking through every aspect of our business, in an effort to keep both our guests and employees as safe as possible. There are a few things that you can do to help, so please read through all of the information carefully.
1. If you have travelled outside of the country less than 2 weeks prior to your trip, been in contact with anyone who has a confirmed case of Covid-19, or are displaying any of the symptoms yourself (fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, muscle aches, or headache) we ask that you reschedule your booking for another time.
2. As of June 15, all BC ferries passengers will be required to have a face mask in their possession to board the ferry to Cortes Island, so you will want to get at least one before you arrive. We will also require that every passenger have a face mask in their possession while onboard Misty Isles, for times when physical distancing measures can’t be met. We will have Buffs available for purchase for $5 for those who prefer that to a mask.
3. All guests will be required to sanitize hands upon arrival at the dock, before signing our waiver or boarding the boat. Misty Isles will be stocked with hand sanitizer, but if you have a small personal bottle, we recommend that you bring it with you so you have it on hand at all times.
4. We have cut our maximum passenger load from 12 to 8 to allow for physical distancing on the outside decks. Only 2 people at a time will be allowed in the pilothouse. Masks must be worn at all times when in the pilothouse.
5. We are unable to provide meals on open trips at this time, and apologize for the inconvenience. We invite you to bring your own picnic lunch, and can provide cold storage for food and beverages. We will still be offering complimentary coffee/tea and cookies.
6. At this time we are only able to accept BC residents on our open scheduled trips, or those who have self quarantined for 14 days upon arrival to the province.
Thanks for taking the time to read this over, and we very much look forward to having you join us out on the water.
Jonas & Amy