Misty Isles Adventures Covid-19 operating procedures
Thank you for your interest in joining us aboard Misty Isles for the 2021 season. Our marine touring and exploration program simply does not function without a professional approach to safety. The ever evolving reality of Covid-19 on our planet has presented all of us with a new set of challenges and goals. We at Misty Isles Adventures deeply appreciate your support and patience as we continue to adapt and maintain our pedigree for excellence and safety. The health and well being of our community, guests and staff are of supreme importance to us. Here are a few things that you can do to help, so please read through all of the information carefully.
Please take the time for a self-assessment before making your travel plans.
1. Have any members of your party travelled outside of the country less than 2 weeks prior to your trip? Have any members of your party had contact with anyone who has just returned to Canada from abroad
2. Have any members of your party been in contact with anyone with a confirmed, or possible case of Covid-19 in the past 3 weeks?
3. Do you, or any members of your party have the following symptoms of Covid-19: Fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, runny nose, fatigue, sore throat, muscle or body aches?
If you have answered YES to any of these questions, you may be required to self-isolate and/or contact a health care professional. We respectfully ask that anyone answering YES refrain from travel, and postpone your trip with us until you can confidently answer NO to the above questions.
Those of you answering NO to all of the self-assessment questions, please make sure to check all local Covid-19 updates in and around the areas of your travel before making your plans, and respect local and provincial measures for safety along the way. The website at Destination BC is a useful tool with links to BC Public Health and travel announcements.
Additional Safety Measures with Misty Isles Adventures
– As of June 15, all BC ferries passengers will be required to have a face mask in their possession to board the ferry to Cortes Island, so you will want to get at least one before you arrive. We will also require that every passenger have a face mask in their possession while onboard Misty Isles, for times when physical distancing measures can’t be met. We will have Buffs available for purchase for $5 for those who prefer that to a mask.
– All guests will be provided with proper guidance for promoting effective hygienge onboard. We recommend bringing hand sanitizier as part of your personal “kit”, but will of course be providing our own hand sanitizier as supplement to our onboard washroom facilities. Misty Isles staff adhere to strict boat sanitization protocols before, during, and after each expedition. Relevant signage regarding prevention and control will be posted in a visible area of the vessel.
– Misty Isles Adventures has elected to limit it’s passenger capacity, in order to promote effective physical distancing on the outer decks and in the pilot house.
– At this time, our celebrated food menu has been suspended on our day trips. We apologize for the inconvenience, and invite you to bring your own picnic lunch, and make use of our onboard cold storage for food and beverages. We are happy to still be offering complimentary coffee/tea and homemade cookies.
Thanks for taking the time to read this over, and we very much look forward to having you join us out on the water.
Jonas & Amy